What you will learn ?
In the Fieldwork
- How to survey and which archaeological techniques are used.
- Use and handling of the tools that are used during the survey process.
- Recording data obtained during the survey.
- Objects photo-taking using photogrammetry standards.
- Practice in the recognition of archaeological materials and Roman finds from the II century B.C. to VI A.D.
In the Laboratory
- Recording data obtained during the survey -diary and systematic methodology sheets-.
- Study and typological classification of archaeological Roman objects discovered during the underwater survey.
- Relative dating based on the classification of the archaeological objects discovered during the survey.
- Handling of the pictures from the objects in order to prepare them for 3D processing with Agisoft PhotoScan.
- Underwater Archaeological background of Sanisera.
- Ancient trade in Sanisera and the Western Mediterranean Sea.
- Ancient navigation.
- Modern sail merchant ships (centuries 16th - 20th).
- History, archaeology, economy and culture of the Roman civilization.
- Introduction to the History of the Sanisera Site.
- Minorcan archaeology before the Roman conquest of the Balearic Islands.
Sanisera Archaeology Institute
Do you need help?
In Sanisera Archaeology Institute we will help you choose the best field program for you. Fill in our advice form without any obligation. In less than 48 hours we will contact you
Why choose us?
10 reasons to participate in our international summer courses.