What you will learn ?
In the Fieldwork
- How to dig and which archaeological techniques are used.
- Use and handling of the tools that are used during the excavation process.
- Basic principles of stratigraphy.
- Basic procedures for collecting C14 samples.
- Preparing the plot for a video documentary.
- Shooting on the site
In the Laboratory
- Cleaning, Inventory and cataloging of recovered human bones during the excavation process.
- Basics of the methods used in human osteological analysis, including skeletal anatomy, palaeodemography and palaeopathology.
- Learning how to identify age, sex and height of buried individuals.
- Relative dating based on the classification of archaeological objects discovered in stratigraphic sequence.
- Selection of scenes for editing.
- Editing the video documentary and sound.
- Introduction to Physical Anthropology and Bioarchaeology
- Skeletal Anatomy –Terminology-: generalities, dental structure, skull and other bones.
- History, archaeology, economy and culture of the Roman civilization.
- Introduction to the History of the Sanisera Site.
- The background to Roman funerary Rituals.
- Minorcan archaeology before the Roman conquest of the Balearic Islands.
- Filming a video documentary.
Sanisera Archaeology Institute
Do you need help?
In Sanisera Archaeology Institute we will help you choose the best field program for you. Fill in our advice form without any obligation. In less than 48 hours we will contact you
Why choose us?
10 reasons to participate in our international summer courses.