What you will learn ?
In the Fieldwork
- How to dig and which archaeological techniques are used.
- Use and handling of the tools that are used during the excavation process.
- Basic principles of stratigraphy.
- Recording the data obtained during the excavation using the Harris Method.
- Practice on the recognition of archaeological materials and Roman finds from the II century B.C. - VI A.D.
- Basic procedures for sample collection.
In the laboratory
- Study and typological classification of archaeological objects of Roman archaeology:ceramics, numismatics, faunal remains, metals and glass.
- Relative dating based on the classification of archaeological objects discovered in the stratigraphic sequence.
- History, archaeology, economy and culture of the Roman civilization.
- Introduction to the History of the Sanisera Site.
- Minorcan archaeology before the Roman conquest of the Balearic Islands.
Art & Museums
- Visit Berlin to discover the archaeology and ancient art in The Pergamon Museum and Neues Museum, two of the most important collections of art of the world.
- Discover in Berlin the collections of ancient civilizations including antiques from Syria, Mesopotamia, Persia, Egypt, Rome, Etruscan and Europe archaeology.
Sanisera Archaeology Institute
Do you need help?
In Sanisera Archaeology Institute we will help you choose the best field program for you. Fill in our advice form without any obligation. In less than 48 hours we will contact you
Why choose us?
10 reasons to participate in our international summer courses.