What you will learn ?
In the Fieldwork
- How to dig and which archaeological techniques are used.
- Use and handling of the tools that are used during the excavation process.
- Basic principles of stratigraphy.
- Recording the data obtained during the excavation using the Harris Method.
- Practice on the recognition of archaeological materials and Roman finds from the II century B.C. - VI A.D.
- Basic procedures for sample collection.
In the laboratory
- Study and typological classification of archaeological objects of Roman archaeology:ceramics, numismatics, faunal remains, metals and glass.
- Relative dating based on the classification of archaeological objects discovered in the stratigraphic sequence.
- Learn how to draw ceramic according with the standards (piece orientation, diameter edge estimation, representation of the decoration and several views generation).
- Objects drawing exercises (glass, lithics, coins, bone needles).
- Correct handle of the graphic representation and learning of different scales 1:1, 2:1
- General standards of composition and illumination in photography.
- Photography techniques used on little objects like coins, jewels and ceramics with decoration and epigraphy.
- Drawing and photographing with Adobe Illustrator and Adobe Photoshop
- Drawing and vector handling of the archaeological material with Adobe Illustrator.
- History, archaeology, economy and culture of the Roman civilization.
- Introduction to the History of the Sanisera Site.
- Minorcan archaeology before the Roman conquest of the Balearic Islands.
Sanisera Archaeology Institute
Do you need help?
In Sanisera Archaeology Institute we will help you choose the best field program for you. Fill in our advice form without any obligation. In less than 48 hours we will contact you
Why choose us?
10 reasons to participate in our international summer courses.