What you will learn ?
In the Fieldwork
- How to dig and which archaeological techniques are used.
- Use and handling of the tools that are used during the excavation process.
- Basic principles of stratigraphy.
- Recording the data obtained during the excavation using the Harris Method.
- Practice on the recognition of archaeological materials and Roman finds from the II century B.C. - VI A.D.
- Objects photo-taking using photogrammetry standards.
In the laboratory
- Recording data obtained -diary and systematic methodology sheets-.
- Study and typological classification of archaeological Roman objects discovered .
- Study and typological classification of archaeological objects of Roman archaeology: ceramics, numismatics, faunal remains, metals and glass.
- Relative dating based on the classification of archaeological objects discovered in stratigraphic sequence.
- Handling of the pictures from the objects in order to prepare them for 3D processing with Agisoft PhotoScan.
- Underwater Archaeological background of Sanisera.
- Ancient trade in Sanisera and the Western Mediterranean Sea.
- Ancient navigation
- Modern sail merchant ships (centuries 16th - 20th).
- History, archaeology, economy and culture of the Roman civilization.
- Introduction to the History of the Sanisera Site.
- Minorcan archaeology before the Roman conquest of the Balearic Islands.
Sanisera Archaeology Institute
Do you need help?
In Sanisera Archaeology Institute we will help you choose the best field program for you. Fill in our advice form without any obligation. In less than 48 hours we will contact you
Why choose us?
10 reasons to participate in our international summer courses.