What you will learn ?
In the Fieldwork
- How to excavate and which archaeological techniques are used.
- Use and handling of the tools that are used during the excavation process.
- Basic principles of stratigraphy.
- Recording data obtained during the excavation using the Harris Method.
- Objects photo-taking using photogrammetry standards.
- Practice in the recognition of archaeological materials.
In the laboratory
- Recording data obtained during the survey -diary and systematic methodology sheets.
- Study and typological classification of archaeological objects discovered during the excavation.
- Relative dating based on the classification of the archaeological objects discovered during the survey.
- Handling of the pictures from the objects in order to prepare them for 3D processing with Agisoft PhotoScan.
- UnderwaterArchaeological background of Sanisera.
- Ancient navigation
- Modern sail merchant ships (centuries 16th - 20th).
- Introduction to the History of the Sanisera Site.
Sanisera Archaeology Institute
Do you need help?
In Sanisera Archaeology Institute we will help you choose the best field program for you. Fill in our advice form without any obligation. In less than 48 hours we will contact you
Why choose us?
10 reasons to participate in our international summer courses.