What you will learn ?
Module 1. Whats is archaeology?
- What archaeology is about – what it consists and involves.
- Learn to differentiate between archaeology, anthropology and history.
- To know from which branch of science it evolved
Module 2. History of Archaeology
- To know why archaeology began and developed into a profession
- Learn about the contributions of Antiquarians to the development of archaeology
- Learn about the ‘fathers of archaeology’ and what were their contributions.
- Learn about the main archaeological methodologies and how they evolved through time
Module 3. Theory of Archaeology
- How it officially became a profession
- Learn the major scientific approaches used to do research in archaeology: cultural-historical, processual, post processual and cognitive.
- To know how archaeology bases its interpretations using philosophical frameworks
- Will allow you to know how to describe which approach you took to do a particular research, and why you chose that approach as the most appropriate scientific method
Module 4. Archaeology today
- You will learn about the different kinds of doing archaeology, and how to choose among the best approach to excavate a site depending on which kind it relates to
- Learn about the different specializations within the profession
- In which types of archaeological excavations you can enroll
- How archaeological excavations are funded, and why
Module 5. Why is archaeology important?
- Understand why we should continue investing in archaeology
- The importance of studying mankind for everyone’s future
- Learn the importance of preventive archaeology to protect our heritage
- Learn why archaeology is so important for governments and communities
- Learn about public responsibility for protecting the past
- To know who owns the past
Sanisera Archaeology Institute
Do you need help?
In Sanisera Archaeology Institute we will help you choose the best field program for you. Fill in our advice form without any obligation. In less than 48 hours we will contact you
Why choose us?
10 reasons to participate in our international summer courses.