In the Fieldwork
- How to dig and which archaeological techniques are used.
- Use and handling of the tools that are used during the excavation process.
- Basic principles of stratigraphy applying the most appropriate method of excavation.
- Development of the graphic documentation of plans, sections and elevations of structures and stratigraphy.
- Using a total station to record all archaeological objects in order to analyze their spatial location.
- Practice on the recognition of archaeological materials of all the occupation periods of the site.
- Basic procedures for sample collection.
In the laboratory
- Study and typological classification of archaeological objects of the site: ceramics, metallic objects and faunal remains, including complete bowls and pitchers, incense burners, jewelry and decorative objects, daggers, tools and even fish hooks.
- Relative dating based on the classification of archaeological objects discovered in the stratigraphic sequence.
- History, archaeology, economy and culture of the Near East Archaeology.
- Introduction to the History of the site.
- Archaeology and Anthropology of Dubai Municipality.
Sanisera Archaeology Institute
Do you need help?
In Sanisera Archaeology Institute we will help you choose the best field program for you. Fill in our advice form without any obligation. In less than 48 hours we will contact you
Why choose us?
10 reasons to participate in our international summer courses.