What you will learn ?
In the Fieldwork
- How to dig and which archaeological techniques are used.
- Use and handling of the tools that are used during the excavation process.
- Basic principles of stratigraphy.
- Recording the data obtained during the excavation using the Harris Method.
- Practice on the recognition of archaeological materials and Roman finds from the II century B.C. - VI A.D.
- Basic procedures for sample collection.
In the Laboratory
- Study and typological classification of archaeological objects of Roman archaeology: ceramics, numismatics, faunal remains, metals and glass.
- Relative dating based on the classification of archaeological objects discovered in stratigraphic sequence.
- History, archaeology, economy and culture of the Roman civilization.
- Introduction to the History of the Sanisera Site.
- Minorcan archaeology before the Roman conquest of the Balearic Islands.
Art & Museums
- Visit Paris to discover the archaeology and ancient art in The Louvre Museum, the most important museum of the world.
- Discover in Paris the collections of ancient civilizations including antiques from Syria, Mesopotamia, Persia, Egypt, Rome and the Etruscan world.
- The Louvre Museum includes works such as The Mona Lisa, by Leonardo da Vinci; Egyptian art, such as The Seated Scribe; and the famous Classical Venus de Milo, one of the most representative statues from the Hellenistic period, and one of the most famous sculptures from Ancient Greece.
- Visit others interesting museums in Paris: Orsay, Centre Pompidou, Picasso, Rodin, and the most emblematic monuments and places of the city (Eiffel Tower, Medieval Notre Dame, Arc de Triomphe, Champs Elysees, Montmartre, Versailles and the Hôtel des Invalides where Napoleon was buried).
Sanisera Archaeology Institute
Do you need help?
In Sanisera Archaeology Institute we will help you choose the best field program for you. Fill in our advice form without any obligation. In less than 48 hours we will contact you
Why choose us?
10 reasons to participate in our international summer courses.