What you will learn ?
In the Laboratory
- Complete osteological analysis of an individual funerary unit
- Assessment of disarticulated remains and computation of minimum number of individuals
- Application of standard techniques of bone measurement, age estimation, sex estimation, classification of dental pathology and tooth wear
- Identification of fragmentary bones
- Utilization of anatomical terminology to describe and discuss skeletal elements
- Recording osteological information on complex forms
- Recognition of non-metric traits and pathological bone
- Development and application of osteological methods
- Assessment of cremated remains
- Chemical analyses of human bone – isotopes and DNA
- Identifying trauma in archaeological bone
- Challenges in paleodemography and paleoepidemiology
- Estimating ancestry of human skeletal remains
Sanisera Archaeology Institute
Do you need help?
In Sanisera Archaeology Institute we will help you choose the best field program for you. Fill in our advice form without any obligation. In less than 48 hours we will contact you
Why choose us?
10 reasons to participate in our international summer courses.